Other Things To Do In And Around Port Albert
Within a short walking distance …
- Visit the Historic Port Albert Maritime Museum.
- Enjoy some award winning takeaway food at the Port Albert Wharf fish ‘n’ chip shop.
- Indulge in fine dining and at the ‘wildfish‘ Restaurant for the best culinary experience in town, while overlooking the peaceful harbour.
- Visit the historic Port Albert Hotel.
- Have some coffee and cake the Port Albert General Store and Cafe and browse through their unique Art Gallery while you’re there.
- Enjoy a glass of wine and a nice selection of good food at the Custom House.
- Go Fishing, Sailing or Boating.
- Go for a picnic.
- Explore the accessible bush and coastal walking tracks.
Go for a scenic drive …
- 10 minutes drive to Yarram where you’ll find conveniently located banks, bowling green, cafes, cinema, theatre, croquet, an excellent golf course, historic buildings, art gallery, hotels, shopping, supermarkets, swimming pool and tennis courts.
- 20 minutes drive to the beautiful 90 Mile Beach at Woodside for swimming, beach activities and tennis courts.
- 30 minutes drive to magnificent Tarra-Valley National Park with barbeques, fern gullies, forest, picnic facilities, public toilets, suspension bridge, extensive well-signed bush walking tracks and water falls
- 30 minutes drive to Agnes Falls (Victoria’s highest single span water fall), Port Welshpool (beach, boat ramp, bowling green, caravan parks, golf course and tennis courts) and Toora (bird hide, boat ramp, caravan park, bowling green, heated swimming pool and tennis courts).
Make Your Own Fun …
- Hire a bike and ride along the waterfront.
- Take a walk along the Old Port Walking Track
- Rent a speed boat and go waterskiing.
- Grab a jet ski and rubber tubes and take the kids for a spin.
- Take an art class at the gallery.
- Find a romantic Bed and Breakfast and stay inside all day.
- Try stand up paddle boarding.
- Go for a picnic in the park.